COVID-19 Policies – 2021
- Richmond Oval
- Canlan (North Shore, ScotiaBarn/8Rinks, Langley Twin Rinks)
- Planet Ice
- Burnaby Winter Club
Vancouver – Updated October 27
Current Provincial Health Order, dated October 27th, states:
Adults supervising or assisting with youth sports must be fully vaccinated.
There are no capacity restrictions on indoor sport activities. All spectators must have a seat. Proof of vaccination is required for all spectators at indoor sporting events.
Additionally, masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2016 or earlier (5+).
Current Vancouver Parks Board policies, as of September 18, 2021, have detailed that:
- Players at all age groups (U7 through U21) are EXEMPT from presenting a vaccine passport at the door to Vancouver Parks Board facilities (including the PNE Agrodome).
- Masks are to be worn in facilities, except for players on the field of play (ie, ice, benches, penalty box).
- Players ARE permitted to use dressing rooms, PROVIDED two Team Moms are present; if your team does not have Team Moms, please use the lobby or come fully dressed, our and BC Hockey’s Two-Deep policy requires two adults in any room where players are supervised.
- However, Richmond Oval, Canlan (North Shore, Scotia Barn/Burnaby, and Langley Twin Rinks), Planet Ice, and other facilities outside Vancouver proper will have their own rules, which each team manager and head coach should confirm before visiting. If a facility asks you not to enter, please do not.
Full Home Game/Practice Protocols
Richmond Oval is currently requiring vaccine passports of all adults including coaching staff and spectators; check in is in the parking garage below.
Update Oct 4, 2021: Richmond Oval requires masks to be worn by all participants aged 9+.
Canlan (North Shore, ScotiaBarn/8Rinks, Langley Twin Rinks)
Masks are required in the facility for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
- The only exception to this is that masks are not required for coaches or athletes on the field of play.
Proof of vaccination is required to access the facility. You must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
- The only exception to this is youth (21 years of age and younger) participating on the field of play.
- An adult coach, ref, or supervisor DOES have to show proof of vaccination to enter the facility. A sibling 12+ spectating DOES have to show proof of vaccination.
Staff at the front doors will check passports and direct people to the rink and spectator areas.
As of Saturday October 2 Planet Ice Coquitlam, Delta and Maple Ridge will be reverting back to a Host system and checking Vaccine Passports ourselves at all Planet Ice locations. The host table will be in a similar spot to last hockey season and all people 12+ not playing hockey, ringette or figure skating will be required to scan in when entering the building.
Proof of Vaccination
Anyone born in 2009 or earlier (except athletes 12 – 21 years of age participating in a youth sport activity or adults supervising a youth sport activity including Coaches, Team Managers, Safety Managers, and Referees) will be required to present proof of vaccination. This includes a digital version or a paper copy of the BC Vaccine Passport and 1 piece of photo ID (youth 12 – 18 not required to show photo ID). Vaccination cards provided at immunization locations will not be accepted.
*Please note that all HPL coaching staffs are required to be vaccinated so coaches will be asked to sign in too.
Proof of vaccination is not required for the following:
- Anyone 0 – 11 years of age (athletes & spectators
- Athletes 12 – 21 participating in a youth sport activity Coaches, Team Managers, Safety Manger & Referees involved in a youth sport activity
Access to the Facilities
There is no longer a limit on entry time.
All passport checks are to be done at the front entrance.
Please line up single file at the entrance to the facility and do not enter the facility until you have been screened by a Facility Host.
Burnaby Winter Club
The Province of British Columbia and ViaSport have announced that when there are 50 or more spectators for indoor sports events, proof of vaccination is required. This applies to all spectators 12 years of age and older. All spectators 12+ are currently required to have at least one (1) dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine to enter Burnaby Winter Club, by October 24, spectators are required to have a second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Here’s what this means for your next visit to the Burnaby Winter Club:
- Personal Masks: As of August 25, the Province has re-introduced a mask order for all patrons born in 2009 or earlier (12+). Unless you are actively engaged in a sports activity on the ice, or you have a justified medical reason. Masks must be worn in the changerooms. Masks are required! Masks are required by all patrons when they are inside the Burnaby Winter Club.
- Proof of Vaccination: Beginning October 1, all spectators 12+ for games or practices are required to present proof of vaccination per the PHO order to enter the Burnaby Winter Club.
Visiting Teams/ Spectators
- Prior to entering any BWC facility your spectators are required to provide proof of vaccination per the September 13 and October 24 PHO order deadlines.
- You are required to provide the BWC Team Manager with the attached, completed form listing all your spectators and certifying that they are vaccinated per the PHO order.
- If the form is not completed or, is completed inaccurately the privilege of allowing your spectators will be removed.