Richmond Oval Game/Practice Procedures
- Players and rostered team officials will meet at the Main Entrance in the parking garage (see below) to the Oval 15 minutes before ice time
- Latecomers may not be admitted once the group has been escorted into the building
- Two team officials required per team: HCSP and manager or coach: manager is responsible for ensuring each group is appropriately staffed.
- All persons entering the building will have completed a Team Snap Health Check and been cleared by the group HCSP/Manager
- Masks must be worn by all persons entering the building
- Building staff will escort the group (players and officials) through the lobby, and upstairs to the rink dressing areas
- Players can then finish getting dressed (skates, gloves, helmets) and remove their masks once helmets are worn
- Coaches/team officials must wear masks the entire time in the building
- After ice time, players come off the ice, remove helmets, gloves, and skates, and put on masks; the group is then escorted to the exit by building staff
- No spectators are allowed in the building at any time — all adults must be rostered team officials or development coaches
- For shared practices: when teams in different cohorts (e.g., U15 C1 and C2) are sharing development or other practice time, it's imperative the teams be kept separate for the entire session time; mixing cohorts would require both teams to drop back to Stage 2 for two weeks.
- Oval-owned equipment and spaces will be cleaned between user sessions by Oval staff
- In addition to this cleaning, the Oval requests that VFIHA facilitators — team managers and HCSP — help clean dressing area seats that are used by VFIHA members during their ice time bookings. This includes wiping down seats/chairs/benches utilized by the team at rink side. Spray bottles and cleaning cloths are provided by the facility, gloves are available upon request. To avoid unintentionally spreading surfaces, one cloth/rag per station should be used and then disposed of.