We’re searching for an Administrator!
Vancouver Female Ice Hockey Association (VFIHA)
Currently seeking qualified candidates for a paid Registration/Admin Support position.
One (1) year contract (Dec 1, 2020 to Nov 30, 2021) with an option to renew for a second term.
Hourly rate of pay will be commensurate with successful candidate’s level of experience.
Please see below for the requirements and expectations of the position.
Registration/Admin Support Position:
The position will require an average of 10 hours per week.
The hours/week requirement will fluctuate significantly month to month due to the nature of the registration workflow throughout the year and/or any changes in scope of the position as determined by the VFIHA Board.
- Accurate and timely processing of season and clinic registration
- Registration of players, team officials and teams within the Association, including ensuring that registration functions are conducted in accordance with the rules of the governing hockey bodies, Hockey Canada (National), BC Hockey (Provincial), and Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association (District), as well as the regulations and policies of the Association itself.
- Responding to registration inquiries and supporting families in the registration process
- Generating registration reports and team rosters
- Reconciling registration payments, refunds and adjustments in conjunction with Treasurer and Accountant
- Ensuring credentials are up to date for all team‐level volunteers, monitoring HCR rosters as required ● Tracking volunteer participation and processing volunteer refunds
- Entering players/team officials in ePACT
- Other administrative duties as determined by the Board
- Submitting monthly timesheets, including summary of duties performed in pay period.
● Experience as a Registrar in a minor hockey association is an asset
● Experience working with Team Snap (or similar application) and designing registration forms
● Experience working with Hockey Canada Registry
● Proficient using MS Office applications, Adobe PDF, Gmail and TeamDrive
● Ability to effectively prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, and organize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast‐paced environment
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
● Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
Please apply with cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is midnight, Friday, November 13th, 2020.